Level 4 - Blue Belt recommended for ages 9-13
Our Level 4 program is for juniors who definitely have on course experience or are 12-13 years old with a desire to learn the game.
This program is a great place to start your child if they have done previous instruction and are showing signs of above average skill or they are older and will be able to hit the ball athletically.
This program hones in on the players ability to reduce their scores incorporating introductions to recovery shots and short game creativity.
This program teaches the player how to choose the correct club for each shot and further discusses strategy based on intermediate skill sets.
This program promotes on course etiquette with a more in depth look at the rules.
It is recommended, although not mandatory, that the child has completed the Level 3 Green Belt program before taking the Level 4 Blue Belt program.
CHECKPOINTS TO PASS LEVEL 4 INCLUDE :
- Can hole 2 of 5 putts from 8 feet
- Can 2 putt 3 of 5 balls from 40 feet
- Can chip 3 of 5 shots within 10 feet from a distance of 50 feet
- Can chip 3 of 5 shots over a high obstacle placed near the player
- Can hit 3 of 5 iron swings 90 yards or more (girls) 120 yards or more (boys)
- Can hit 3 of 5 driver swings 125 yards or more (girls) 150 yards or more (boys)
- Can answer 4 of 5 rules and etiquette questions correctly
- Can demonstrate a functioning knowledge of handicapping
- Can score a 5 or better on hole #1
- Can score 50 or better for 9 holes at Evergreen
TESTING IS DONE DURING THE 4th SESSION AND MUST BE PASSED TO QUALIFY FOR LEVEL 5
PROGRAM COST = $99.95 + GST
3/60 minute lessons in a safe and fun environment
1/180 minute (3 hour) testing session to qualify for level 5
A coupon package including range balls, green fee, and mini putt